TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Internationational Commercial Attorney
17219180

What is the Texas law or statute that says companies or individuals

What is the Texas law or statute that says companies or individuals licensed in the State of Texas do not have to register with each individual city? My company is licensed through the state of Texas to sell and install home alarm systems monitored by ADT, my employee was stopped by a Denton policeman and told he also needed a permit. Shouldn't the state licence be enough or do my salesmen also need permits in each city?

Thanks for contacting us.

There is no state law which says what you are wanting. Each city may have different requirements for the local licensing and permitting of the installation of alarm systems. You will need to check with each municipal government whether there is a local registration and permit requirement in each city you are operating.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,
ZDN