Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 years practicing attorney, JD, BA, MBA
19958803

I have a new question for you. Oh, and thank you so much for

I have a new question for you. Oh, and thank you so much for the advise that you gave regarding the house.
My question is that I have a car rented from Alamo and will be returning it on Thursday.
There is a conflict with the bill as amounts don't match on my CC.

If I bring the car back and ask them to bill me and stop them taking any money from my account,is that OK as far as the law is concerned. Contractually?
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Why do you have the car?
.
Why would they continue to bill you once you have returned it to the rental company?
.
Are the overcharging you for the daily or weekly rental rate?
.
Have you disputed this with your credit card provider?
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not disputed it with the credit card company. I was going to have to ask them to put a hold on any charges if that was allowed and have them bill me. As I stated above, I am returning the car Thursday 31st. I had extended the rental a number of times but the rate they say I owe and what I have already paid do not match.

Ok, typically there is a written rental contract that would set out your daily or weekly rate that you were contractually obligated to pay. So I would suggest looking over the paperwork you signed when you rented the car to see if it matches what they are charging. If it doesn't, then I would call my credit card company and file a dispute. They should give you a conditional credit while they investigate the claim with the merchant. If the merchant can't back up their charge, then the credit card company will finalize the dispute in your favor and make the conditional credit permanent.
.
And actually today is the 31st....Thursday is Aug 1.
.
But to answer your question directly, yes, if there is a dispute as to the billing, it is entirely legal for you to dispute the amount with your credit card and ask them to put a hold on any payment to the merchant.
.
.
Thanks
.