Legalinfomd
Legalinfomd, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 24 years of experience in business law.
69220296

In a friends case where he is acting as pro se in a federal

In a friend's case where he is acting as pro se in a federal case, a defendant electronically filed a response to a motion on July 16. In his district he has 14 days to reply. His question is, does he count weekends in the formulation of the deadline for his reply? When would the deadline be given such data? It's in the Ohio Southern District court.

Legalinfomd : Hello. I will respond to your question.
Legalinfomd : If the reply is due within 14 days, weekends are included. However, if the 14th day falls on a weekend or a federal Holiday, then the reply is due on the next business day.
Legalinfomd : Therefore, if the reply is due within 14 days of July 16, then the reply is due by July 30.
Legalinfomd : I hope that this information is helpful. Please be sure to leave a positive rating for my response so that I will receive credit for my time. Thank you and good luck to your friend with his case.
Customer:

Thank you very much!