Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

what kind of license is needed to open a vaporizer / e-cigarette

what kind of license is needed to open a vaporizer / e-cigarette store? thanks

bizlaw :

Hello, I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for. You do not need to have a license to sell e-cigarettes as they are treated like other cigarettes in CO. However, they cannot be sold to minors. You of course will need to comply with other business license requirements applicable to any retail establishment such as collecting sales taxes. If I have answered all your questions, please rate my answer excellent as that is how I am compensated. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

Customer:

To my knowledge a tobacco store will need a special license to operate. Is that true, since you said that e-cigarette is treated like cigarette?

bizlaw :

There is no license requirement to sell tobacco as there is liquor. However, any retailer of tobacco must comply with tobacco tax laws and no sales to minors. Here is a link to the Dept. that enforces tobacco laws and you can see there is no licensing requirement. http://www.colorado.gov/revenue/liquor If I have answered all your questions, please rate my answer excellent as that is how I am compensated. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.