Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Corps, LLCs, Partnership, etc.
19305272

hello, plaintiff, me, have responded to the second SJ motion

hello, plaintiff, me, have responded to the second SJ motion filed by the def,

will there still be another def response,,,,or will the judge now rule on the motion,,,,,we seem to be going back and forth

the last thing filed was plaintiffs response to def sj motion...now does the def respond again,,,,,,,my deadline to file response was the 19th..,,but I see the docket say deadline for ???? is August,

TMcJD :

Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.

Customer:

ok

TMcJD :

Yes, formally what you file is a response to a motion for summary judgment. They could now file a reply to your response. But it's not common to submit such a reply unless your response raises arguments they didn't already address with their initial motion.

TMcJD :

But they would need to have that done (usu. within 5 days of the hearing date). If they can't get it filed in time, then they would need to ask the court to continue the hearing date to a future date so they get more time.

Customer:

all arguments have been addressed that was prev argued

Customer:

ok thanks