Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Corps, LLCs, Partnership, etc.

Re: FLORIDA DECEPTIVE & UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES Act -- under FL Statutes Sec. 501.201 - 501.212 My question is-- Does the Act pertain to businesses that have been deceived, as well as to Consumers? It appears to do so under: 501.202(2) where protection is stated to include "... and legitimate business enterprises..."  

501.202 Purposes; rules of construction.—The provisions of this part shall be construed liberally to promote the following policies:
(1) To simplify, clarify, and modernize the law governing consumer protection, unfair methods of competition, and unconscionable, deceptive, and unfair trade practices.
(2) To protect the consuming public and legitimate business enterprises from those who engage in unfair methods of competition, or unconscionable, deceptive, or unfair acts or practices in the conduct of any trade or commerce.

Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.

Yes, it not only protects consumers but also other businesses from unfair trade practices.

You will note that under the definitions, a "consumer" also includes various types of business entities. It is a very broad act that covers a good many things that might ultimately be considered unfair and damaging to routine business operations.

OK, just wasn't sure. Thank you for clarifying this issue for me.