Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

I would like to know how a non profit should be organized according

I would like to know how a non profit should be organized according to the form 1023 if I plan to have a DBA. Because we have a promised grant under one name assuming the approval of the 501C (3) that's name I was going to file, however we wish to change the name completely. Would the DBA name be equal to the real company name?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

You can still use the DBA for your non-profit and you need to simply disclose the DBA name in your application to let them know your real name and then the name you plan to operate under. You would not change the name of the corporation when you file, you just operate under the DBA name which is on file in your 1023. Companies can have a corporate name and frequently operate under a DBA as well and that is permissible.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hello... Thanks for your reply. Can I use both names interchangeably or do I have to choose?
You can use both names interchangeably. Your Non-Profit name DBA your DBA Name and either name would identify your company.