Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

I installed 116 roller shades in a town 65 miles away from

I installed 116 roller shades in a town 65 miles away from where I live. The rep for the company that hired me agreed to a price plus a trip charge for any addl trips. now they are trying to cut out 7 of the trip charges and pay me for 3 out of the 10 I billed them for.I have all our e mails. What can I do?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. First, you don't have to worry about your settlement offer. They didn't accept it and it's not going to be admissible when you sue them. And, since they won't pay you voluntarily, you will have to sue them. If the amount in question is $6,000 or less, you can file this in small claims court. If they won't pay you voluntarily, file suit against them. That will give you the collection options and leverage you seek because once the suit is filed and a judgment awarded, you become a judgment creditor, and if the losing party doesn’t then pay the judgment, you can have the sheriff serve a summons on the losing party for a debtor examination. That forces the losing party to meet the judgment creditor in court and answer questions under oath about the losing party's assets. After that information is obtained, the judgment creditor has the power to attach bank accounts, have the sheriff seize other personal property, and/or place liens on any non-homestead property to satisfy the judgment.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/
Thank you also for the bonus! I appreciate your generosity and kindness!