How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 24869
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My company was requested to provide information that would

Customer Question

My company was requested to provide information that would include tens of thousands of emails.

Can I provide email discovery information in outlook PST format instead of converting all emails into PDF? - conversion would be a nightmare

If I have to provide all emails in PDF format, can you suggest online or offline service that can do this?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Pro replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete excellent answer for you.

My name is Fred and I'm going to assist you with your question.

Please bear with me if you believe my answer isn’t coming fast enough because I’m also working with other customers too. I apologize for any seemingly late response.

Has the other party requested that you produce the emails in a particular form or format? If so, did the court grant or order such request?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. Their RFP "demand" is as below:

Expert:  Law Pro replied 3 years ago.
So there is no designation as to how you are to supply them with the information - correct?

It's open to interpretation and ease.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I have a follow-up question - our current attorney decided to withdraw (filed a motion). He was on retainer for 2 years, did not liked that case started to take lots of his time and after we told him that we would not provide emails in PDF, but in PST, etc, told us that we did not cooperate on discovery.

He is schedule to leave at the beginning of the next month. I am interviewing other attorneys and they do not see any problem to use PST, etc.

Related to this - can I request current attorney to tell other side to stop discovery till I will find replacement attorney?

Expert:  Law Pro replied 3 years ago.
I understand - sometimes it's best for a new outlook as to your case by changing legal representation.

You can ask but the other side doesn't have to comply. BUT, you can ask the court to postpone discovery till you get new legal representation OR, if they file a motion to compel, request additional time till you get new legal representation.

The judge is going to understand and give you additional time. BUT what you don't want is to let sit "Request for Admissions" because if they are not responded to within the requisite time - the admissions are deemed admitted. Although you could file a motion with the court to dispute such - that takes alot more time and effort rather then filing a motion immediately to postpone your required responses to discovery.

I would ask for 90 days in postponement to any discovery request because it takes time for new legal counsel to get up to speed on the case and review everything.

90 days is routinely given if the case hasn't been already scheduled for trial OR the discovery period close to ending.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

If you have any questions, about this or anything else, please ask for me, Law Pro, directly in the question and I will try to assist you as best I can.

For example, you would state, "This question is for Law Pro . . . (then on with your question).
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
To clarify, attorney who is withdrawing is still with the company - he will withdraw only at the beginning of the next month.

I have to hired a new attorney yet and actively searching.

Can I request discover to be postponed in this setup? - If yes, what exactly should I request him?

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK

Meet The Experts:

  • Dimitry K., Esq.

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
< Last | Next >
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
  • MShore Law's Avatar

    MShore Law


    Satisfied Customers:

    Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
  • RGMacEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
  • Barrister's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    15 years practicing attorney, MBA
  • J.Hazelbaker's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experienced and trained in the area of business law.
  • MDLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.
  • J. Warren's Avatar

    J. Warren


    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience in general business transaction and formation matters.

Related Business Law Questions