Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

I purchased a boat in Missouri from lot was told inspected

I purchased a boat in Missouri from lot was told inspected an lake ready. Took it out after purchase and was messing up. Took to repair man to look at it. It will cost a lot to fix. Is there any ground in getting mony back?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good evening. You do have recourse here. The seller is obligated to disclose anything the seller knows or should have known that a reasonable buyer would consider material in making the decision whether or not to buy the boat. The seller clearly misrepresented the condition of the boat. What you want to do is raise the stakes on your seller so the seller knows that not complying with your demands is going to cost far more in the end than simply taking back the boat and giving you your refund now. You should send the seller a certified, return receipt requested letter detailing the situation and misrepresentations and demand that the seller refund your money in total within a short specified period of time. Inform the seller that if your demand is not timely complied with, you will have no choice but to file a suit against him for your damages. Be sure to specifically mention that you will be filing this claim not only as a breach of contract case, but also as a deceptive trade practice action, which will entitle you not only to your damages, but also an additional amount equal to multiple times your actual damages as punitive damages. That should provide plenty of incentive to comply with your demands; but, if it does not, file your suit.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is:
Thank you also for the generous bonus! I appreciate your kindness!