RGMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney

If I pay an employee a gasoline allowance, s it taxable to

If I pay an employee a gasoline allowance, s it taxable to them

RGMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

RGMacEsq :

Yes, it would be considered income, although they could take a deduction for mileage (assuming that this is not a straight mileage reimbursement).

RGMacEsq :

So they would need to report it and pay income taxes on it, although they could take the mileage deductions that they spend traveling for work purposes (other than travel to and from the primary place of business at the beginning and end of the workday... that would still be on them)

RGMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX luck to you!