Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .

I have a question about a consulting job I am currently doing

Customer Question

I have a question about a consulting job I am currently doing for a client of mine. The contract has recently expired and during the length of that contract there were multiple occasions of the client needing urgent assistance with a fast response time.

Is it okay to ask the client to establish an emergency rate of 1.5x the standard rate during situations when it is deemed an emergency by the client and an expected response time is required?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

If you are referring to work going forward, then yes, you can negotiate any terms you would like regarding emergency service in the new contract.

You could not go back to apply extra charges retroactively.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 years ago.
Hello Phil,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going.
Did I answer your question?