Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Hello, If i started a rich content authority website in a certain

Hello, If i started a rich content authority website in a certain niche, and targeted only for US readers, how can i protect myself legally? please note, i will note sell or promote anything on this website, my sole income would be from advertisements only, and im not a US-citizen and not living in US, i live in Kuwait.

Thanks
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

First, what specific protection are you worried about with this type of site, since you are not selling or promoting anything?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its a personal development website, writing about different subjects in self help and personal development, i may come across subjects like fitenns, diet and exersice, and im worried that a reader or readers may find the results they hoped for in written in these articles

Thank you for your additional information.

Are you going to be posting articles or are the articles coming from other sources?

If they come from other sources, will you have permission to post them so you will not be violating copyrights?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The articles would be outsourced, a group of writers who are expert in this field would write for me for an agreed fee.

Thank you very much for that update.

In order to protect yourself, the site needs to have a disclaimer on the site stating that the articles are the views of the writers and are for entertainment and informational purposes only and that the owner of the site is not liable for the content. In the disclaimer it should state that all content should be verified with local experts before engaging in any conduct specified in the articles.

In addition to the waiver, to protect yourself personally, you should form a corporation or limited liability corporation to own the site so that even if you are sued, nobody can come after you personally.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

"In addition to the waiver, to protect yourself personally, you should form a corporation or limited liability corporation to own the site so that even if you are sued, nobody can come after you personally."

Is it possible if i could form a corporation or limited liability corporation in the US? since its impossible to form one here in Kuwait

Thank you for your response.

You could do so in a state like Nevada or Wyoming, but then you also have to pay taxes on anything you make and have to file tax returns in the US. However, you could open a corporation in Belize or Seychelles and get protection of the corporation as well as no taxes. Also, then if anyone even wants to consider suing you they have to sue you outside of the US.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If i open a corporation in states like Nevada or Wyoming, would i pay taxes for my online income only?! or everything i make , even form my job in Kuwait?

Thank you for your response.

You have to file a tax return on the LLC/Corporation in the US and pay tax only on what the corporation makes, not what you make personally.