Bien-cssm
Bien-cssm,
66622893

Signed contracts with a business partner and now I cant get

Customer Question

Signed contracts with a business partner and now I can't get copies of them. How can I get copies?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 years ago.

Are you saying that your business partner won't give you a copy of what you two signed? Who else, if anyone, would have a copy?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes and no one that I know of

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 years ago.
Truly, this is one of the oddest questions I have seen presented to us here at JA (or in my private practice for that matter), and we really get some head scratchers. There must be some points of leverage where the business activity needs your participation. You can use that to force the partner to produce a copy for you. Demand letter from an attorney perhaps might work.Can you think of a compelling reason why he doesn't want you to have a copy? As a last resort, when all else fails, you might have to file a civil suit to obtain a writ for production of the documents. A lawyer will construct a cause of action which will open up discovery with which documents can be obtained with Requests For Production.
I hope this Answer is helpful and that you will give it a positive rating. If you have any follow up questions please send back a Reply. You should consult a local attorney to verify that this information is accurate for your state. Thank you for using Pearl.com- Just Answer. We appreciate your business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I already knew I should be getting an attorney and that's what I thought I was doing here. I just found the disclaimer. I misunderstood what I was getting.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 3 years ago.
Hello again. You did not ask for us to provide an attorney or perform legal services. That is against JA's policies which you agreed to when you signed in. You asked a specific question,(How can I get copies?) which I answered for you. Your "poor service" rating in inappropriate and I request that you enter at least on "okay service" rating.
Expert:  Bien-cssm replied 3 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.

http://www.justanswer.com/business-law/7v36i-signed-contracts-business-partner-can-t.html

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Customer Support Team.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
[email protected]