Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

Is a resident in a coop housing corporation entitled to air

Is a resident in a coop housing corporation entitled to air conditioning in summer?
Thank you for your new question. I look forward to working with you again.

There is no law at all regarding air conditioning in a co-op. The matter of air conditioning is left to the co-op and to the owners and/or tenant. There is no law forcing anyone to install air conditioning as that is not a basic housing right.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Paul. I was hoping for another answer that there was a requirement like providing heat in winter and clean water, but I feared the worst. Thank you again for timely and excellent advice that I can trust.
Thank you for your response.

Yes, air conditioning is seen as a convenience even today, so that is not something mandated I am afraid.