MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in business law, contract law and related matters.
16277701

my son and I had an agreement drown at the lawyers office.

my son and I had an agreement drown at the lawyers office. about giving me something that belong to me once he recives it . he signed and i signed . what if he does not honer that agreement.
Hello and thanks for using the Just Answer website. I look forward to assisting you this evening.

If you have a contract with another party and that other party breaches the contract, then your legal recourse would be to take them to court and sue them for breach of contract. You can sue for specific performance or for monetary damages. If the amount is small enough, you could sue them in small claims court and you would need to be represented by a lawyer.

Please let me know if this has answered your question. If it has, a positive rating is much appreciated as that is the only way that we experts get compensated for the time and expertise it takes to answer your legal questions. We do not get paid by the website. If, however, you need additional information, you can hit the REPLY or CONTINUE button and we can continue our conversation.

Thank you in advance!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my dead ex husband left an insurance policey for me via my son .when he died it was found i hierd a lawyer who was ready to take it to court got all the papers ready and my son signed a waiver to it and signed it over to me.

Then he told my lawyer that he is ready to sign an agreement that he will give it to me upon getting it . the lawyer wrote the agrrement and in it my son signed it saying he will hand over the net to me as soon as it gets here . what if he does not do that.where do i take this

If he does not honor a contract that you have, that would be a breach of contract and you would sue in court for breach of contract. Depending on the amount, you may not be able to take him to small claims court and may need a lawyer.

Thank you in advance!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do Think I wrote this right my dead exhusband left an insurance policy to me via my son after he died it was discoverd i hired a lawyer . first my son signed a consent with him to go to court and give it all to me. then he said to my lawyer to drow an agreement he'll sign it and give to me so he signed that upon claiming it and after reciveing it he will hand it over to me . so what if he does not do that.

If you have a contract and the contract is breached by him, then your legal recourse would be to take him to court for what is known as breach of contract. Breach of contract is what the cause of action is called.

Thank you in advance!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have one more thing to ask you is it true that if i was married to my exhusbnd from 1989 to 2000 . that is over 10 years i can collect on his social security?

That's a completely separate question from your initial question. I do not handle Social Security question. However, I can tell you what the rules are with respect to receiving benefits from a deceased ex-spouse. You are entitled to benefits from their account if the following apply:

• Are at least age 60, or age 50 and disabled;
  • Were married to the former spouse for at least 10 years;
  • Are not entitled to a higher Social Security benefit on your own record; and
  • Are unmarried, unless the following exception applies: You remarried after age 60; or after age 50 and at the time of re-marriage you were entitled to Social Security disability benefits.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so that is over 10 years from oct 1989 to dec 2000 so that is right .

I do thank you in advance and i will rate you the best i promise.

You'd have to meet the other conditions as well.

Thank you so much, Aida, for allowing me to assist you today and please do feel free to request me - MD Law - in the future.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

all the other conditions are there i will be 60 . old me . and the rest not married and did not make as much money like . him .

you are great . just one more thing is agreement from my lawyer the same thing as contract. after this question i will rate you. Thank you

When you referred to it as an agreement, I was assuming that you meant that it was a contract since the two words mean the same thing. So long as it was a written document that consisted of an offer, acceptance, and consideration, then it would be a legally binding contract.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you very much.

You are most welcome and thank you for the positive rating. Have a great week!