CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  I am a businesses law attorney, with experience advising and representing owners and investors.

It breaches google adsense terms of service to use adsense

It breaches google adsense terms of service to use adsense on adult sites so I do not want to do it. But do you think it would be OK to use adsense on adult domain names that have normal non adult content about things like giving up smoking or drink or drugs etc please?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 years ago.

Attorney William B. :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. While your question asks for a specific contract interpretation which we normally cannot assist you with on this site, I believe that Google has placed a very helpful interpretation of its own on its website, including examples of prohibited content (none of which includes stopping smoking or drinking, which would leave a user to understand such content is acceptable assuming you are not violating the other terms of use).

To view Google's interpretation of its standards and examples of the same, visit:

Attorney William B. :

I hope that my answer was of assistance to you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you for your business!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But what about the domain name of the site?
Is that allowed to be sexy, even if the content is not.
That is the question I wanted an answer to.
As an example is the domain name
of this site.
It is separate from the content.
If was a sexy name instead, but still with
the same non-sexy content, would it be allowed under
the google adsense terms of service?
The domain name would fall under the same restrictions as the website content under the terms of the policy. The policy is clear that it is based on intent and this would cover domain names as well as content. It may be possible to apply for a variance to the standard policy, but absent that, the policy as stated applies to the entire site.
Dear Customer,
Thank you for the kind rating, it is greatly appreciated. I wish you the best of luck with this matter. If you have further questions regarding this type of issue, or any other legal matter, please do not hesitate to use our service in the future. You may post a question for any of our experts in general, or to me directly by titling your question “To CalAttorney 2…”
Best wishes, and thank you,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No worries.
That kept me out of maybe getting into permanent trouble
with google and losing my adsense account.
You are good.
That bit about "intent" would have passed me by.