Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

I am an salary based employee. Is there a labor law that states

I am an salary based employee. Is there a labor law that states how many hours they can make me work each day and how many days a week?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Under the laws, a salary employee can actually be made to work as many hours as the employer deems necessary to complete the task required for no additional compensation. However, the law does state that you are entitled to one day of rest for every seven days worked, but the law does not state the maximum hours in a day your employer can require you to work.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.