John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney helping businesses achieve their legal and practical goals.
71296933

I need to send some paperwork which includes personal information

I need to send some paperwork which includes personal information to an attorney. It's too much to fit in a regular envelope. It will probably fit in a 9 1/2 X 12 1/2 envelope. My concerns are safety, security, and I don't want it to get lost. It doesn't have to be there over night. Time is not of the essence. My question is, what is the most secure way I can send this sensitive and personal information? I thought I'd ask an attorney, because I would think you send confidential information on a regular basis. Thanks for your help.
Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. I prefer to send such materials via UPS. I prefer this over USPS because UPS has very accurate online tracking and will inform you when it is delivered. If you're concerned about someone opening the envelope other than the intended recipient, you can purchase envelope seals at an office supply store. The envelope cannot be opened without breaking the seal. So, a person who otherwise would have been inclined to open the envelope without permission will a) think twice about it because it will be obvious that it was viewed, and b) combined with tracking you can determine who opened the envelope.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – select the Reply to Expert or Continue Conversation button. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you all the best with this matter.