Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

My question is about Florida Rules of Judicial Administration

My question is about Florida Rules of Judicial Administration 2.510 and the rules for a lawyer appearing in Florida state court Pro Hac Vice. If the lawyer meets requirements and is admitted for the civil case Pro Hac Vice can the lawyer be allowed (as Florida lawyers are allowed) to appear telephonically for a hearing(s) in the case?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

An admission to a civil case on a Pro Hav Vice basis provides that attorney with all of the benefits that a local attorney would have including the right to appear in court as a formal member of the bar. Consequently if local attorneys are permitted to appear via phone, the Pro Hac Vice attorney can likewise request such permission from the judge--it would still be up to the judge to grant permission, but it couldn't be denied purely because this is a foreign attorney.

Good luck.