Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

When a contract is signed, executed and the parties move forward,

When a contract is signed, executed and the parties move forward, then the contract period ends, but after the expiration date, a party has been found to have not fulfilled all their obligations -- what is the time period under Florida law for filing suit upon the contract terms and conditions?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. Under Fla. Stat. Ann. § 95.011 et. seq., the statute of limitations for a breach of written contract is 5 years. So, if suit is not brought by the non-defaulting party within that 5 year period, the defaulting party would have an absolute defense to the suit.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/