Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

I am submitting the forms to form a LLC in Texas. I believe

I am submitting the forms to form a LLC in Texas.

I believe this is the correct form: http://www.sos.state.tx.us/corp/forms/205_boc.pdf

However, I'm not too sure who to write the check or money order of $300 payable to. Who should I write payable to?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. Pursuant to the instructions of the Texas Secretary of State (http://www.sos.state.tx.us/ucc/formfees.shtml) set forth below for the payment of filing fees, if you write a check, the check payable to the Secretary of State.

"Payment of Filing Fees

Available Options

Filing fees may be paid by (1) check or money order payable to the Secretary of State; (2) a valid American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa credit card; (3) a funded LegalEase account; or (4) a prefunded Secretary of State client account. Checks and money orders must be payable through a U.S. bank or financial institution. Processing cash is time consuming and may delay receipt of your acknowledgment. Filing fees and expedited handling fees for single or multiple documents may be included in the same payment instrument. The Agency may process a refund of any overpayment.

Credit Card

Fees payable to the Secretary of State may be paid with a valid American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa credit card. Fees paid by credit card are subject to a statutorily authorized convenience fee (currently 2.7%) of the total fees incurred, when applicable. The convenience fee is assessed per credit card transaction. The convenience fee, as well as the designation of acceptable credit cards, are subject to change in accordance with the existing contracts between this office, the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, and the relevant financial institutions.

If you wish to utilize the credit card payment option, you must submit or transmit a completed Payment Form (Word, PDF) provided by this office or provide the following information in writing:

Credit card to be used (i.e., American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa);
Account number;
Expiration date; and
Signature of the cardholder.
LegalEase

LegalEase is a guaranteed electronic payment method that facilitates the payment of fees to governmental agencies. The service is offered by Frost Bank of San Antonio. To utilize the service a customer maintains funds in an account with Frost Bank and is issued a debit card. The customer provides the card number when filing documents or paying for services received from the Agency. The cost is charged to the customer’s account and payment is made by Frost Bank to the Secretary of State. Information about LegalEase is not available from the Agency, but may be obtained by contacting Frost Bank at(NNN) NNN-NNNN

If you wish to utilize the LegalEase payment option, you must submit or transmit a completed Payment Form (Word, PDF) provided by this office or provide the following information in writing:

Card number;
Client number; and
Case number."

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

One last question: How long will it take for the LLC to form after sending in the form? I just need an estimate like 2-3weeks?

Usually 24-48 hours is all it takes for the Secretary of State to respond.
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/