Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

What do I tell the owner of a company if they keep pressuring

What do I tell the owner of a company if they keep pressuring me to keep a product that is not comfortable and feel unsafe for me. I let them know the day after they installed it. I was 1 day into the 14 day money back guarantee. He pressures me until I am so upset. I followed up my decision with a letter as they stipulate and now they want to talk with me further and I do not want to talk with them again. I just want them to remove the Stairlift and refund my money. I am 65 years old.
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. They are in breach of their contract with you. What you want to do is raise the stakes on them so that they know that not complying with your demands is going to cost them far more in the end than simply giving you your refund now. You should send them one more certified, return receipt mail...detailing the history and demanding that they remove the Stairlift and refund your money in total within a short specified period of time. Inform them that if your demand is not timely complied with, you will have no choice but to file a suit against them for your damages. Be sure to specifically mention that you will be filing this claim not only as a breach of contract case, but also as a deceptive trade practice action, which will entitle you not only to your damages, but also an additional amount equal to multiple times your actual damages as punitive damages. That should provide plenty of incentive to comply with your demands; but, if it does not, file your suit.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

would you give me one more comment addressing the fact that the "Owner" tried to threaten me with a 600.00 charge for them to pick it up? The terms and conditions reads: All requests must be made within 14 days of the installation date. We will then ask you to confirm your decision in writing. On receipt of written notice a full refund will be arranged. All monies invoiced will be returned and the stairlift will be removed between normal working hours. I also sent a second letter that says the track is creating an unsafe area because the leg of the track would not go up and they said they would order a part so it is blocking the entrance ambulance picks up my husband for dialyses 3 days a week and uses a gurney when picking him up.

Thanks so much for following up. They can threaten all they want, but in no way do you owe this $600. You should let them know in your letter that you have no intention of paying this $600 for removal and if they do not remove it at their cost and refund your money in total, you will have it removed by a third party and add that to the cost of your suit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is the last - I forgot to ask you if I should I let them leave a message (not talk to them any further) and send this last letter as you suggested. I'll e-mail the last letter and send it certified if that is ok.

No more questions.

You are wonderful and I feel a whole lot better now!

Thanks for your kinds's my pleasure to be able to help you!

If they call further, just let it go to voicemail (save the voicemails to preserve their threatening if they do so) and don't talk to them directly. Let me know how this progresses and/or if any questions pop up later. :)
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is:
Thank you also for the generous bonus! I appreciate your kindness!