Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

how can you force a judge to have a hearing on discovery when

how can you force a judge to have a hearing on discovery when he keeps delaying it and it has been two months. How long can he delay it? What remedies do I have to speed up the discovery?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you again.

You cannot force a judge to do much in their court room as they make their rules and set their schedules. All you can do as a party is submit a motion to compel production/discovery or a motion for contempt against the other party for not complying with discovery. However, setting court dates is solely discretionary to the judge and if he continues a matter all a party can do legally is object to the continuance on the record in the court and this would be just to set the record for any appeals.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.