Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .

I have a flyer from another company that is similar to the

I have a flyer from another company that is similar to the company that I own. Can I copy the flyer after I make a few changes and send it to my customers? This other company has no copyright on the flyer I have.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

There are common law copyrights which exist without formal registration. However, if you alter it enough so that it is not so similar then you will not likely have a problem. You can also use it until you receive a cease and desist, if you do receive one ever.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would it be ok to almost use it word for word and in same structure with graphs and quotes they ripped from other experts?

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX following up with me.

Yes. If they do not own the information then they can not claim any infringement by you.

You can use it the same way they do.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,Todd, for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.