Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

how long does it take for a dealer in florida to send me the

how long does it take for a dealer in florida to send me the co'o to49 cc scooters so i can rent them out the dmv told me i could not rent until registered tagged tited
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

The certificate of ownership should have been provided at time of sale or within 30 days of sale if the seller had to obtain the certificate.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the dealer told me cos were lost i will not call him again i am stuck with 3 scooters i can not rent out nor sale

Thank you for your response.

This is a lie and the dealer is responsible for replacing the certificates of ownership. Under the law, there are several implied warranties, one of which is the implied warranty of merchantability. Under the implied warranty of merchantability, he must provide valid documentation on the vehicle or it is not fit for its intended purpose and this is a ground to sue him to rescind the sale or for the cost of you obtaining a new certificate of ownership on the scooters. Thus, if the dealer will not provide them and he will not talk to you about this, you need to call the DMV Dealer Licensing unit and also the Better Business Bureau as they will investigate to resolve the matter and explain the law to him and if they cannot resolve the issue, then you can sue him for all of the damages and to rescind the sale or the costs for you obtaining the CO through going to the local court.