BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a business attorney. I represent individuals and companies with all business related matters.
73280834

what are the license requirements for a mobile hair salon in

what are the license requirements for a mobile hair salon in Delaware

BizIPEsq. :

Hello, I will be assisting you

BizIPEsq. :

is mobile hair salon affiliated with a brick and mortar establishment?

Customer:

no we would like to have the ability to go to corporate buildings nursing homes hotels and private clients to service them with full service salon services

BizIPEsq. :

Got it. Let me check with the Division of Professional Regulation. FYI, I will get back to you tomorrow.

Customer:

Ok I just want to add that the vehicle we will be using is self contained with water electricity independent will not need to tap into any other resourse for operation. Also will be available for weddings private parties fundraising events etc. I do have me professional cosmetology linsence

BizIPEsq. :

I spoke with the DE dept of professional services and they do not permit mobile salons. It has to be part of a brick and mortar facility

BizIPEsq. :

the suggestion they had is to create some sort of a relationship with each facility where you wish to provide services. Each such facility would have to apply for its own license and you will be operating them under your cosmetology license (this may be a good business proposition as you could ask for exclusivity from each such facility and they may also participate in the costs of putting such a space together)

BizIPEsq. :

Please don't shoot the messenger for DE's lack of flexibility...

BizIPEsq. :

Please rate my service

BizIPEsq. :

Without your rating I do not get compensated for my wortk

BizIPEsq. :

A bonus is always appreciate. I look forward in helping you with future matters simply ask for BizIPEsq

Customer:

thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I believe I have found a way to proceed with the idea of being mobile because the Delaware Board of Cosmetology does recognize mobile hairstylists as an option to perform services. Instead of getting licensed as a mobile Salon apply to be licensed as a mobile hairstylist who shows up on location with all necessary tools to perform hair care services. So instead mobile salon we will be mobile hairstylists. I talked to Tge City zoning manager he said as long as we weren't on public street he had no problem. What do you think?
When I asked the div of professional services they said that being a mobile hair stylist was not an option but if you were told directly by the cosmetology board that it is and therefore you can procure the necessary license and no zoning issues then good for you!

A lot of people in need of your services will have a lovely styled hair. I commend you for that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I sense that you're the kind if person who pretty much don't stop until you achieve your goal. I wish you were in the Wilmington area so we could sit down hash this out and make this happen. Obviously even with the little info I gave you you see the potential in this idea. Imagine with all the corporate buildings banks hotels nursing homes hospitals retirement communiities as well as the clientele I've built for the last 14 plus years in Wilmington the revenue that can be generated. I think like I said earlier if I approach this from the mobile stylist as opposed to mobile salon scenario we can set a presidence in the Tri state area. What i show up in wont be an issue. An RV with all the trimmings would work. Nobody is doing it. U would certainly be willing to share in the profits if we can make it work.
Thank you. Unfortunately I am not in DE. Otherwise a sit down would have been terrific. Good luck!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Awe! That is unfortunant I can tell you're a go getta' good luck to you too.
thank you. Gogd luck