BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a business attorney. I represent individuals and companies with all business related matters.

I am a lisence day care in Illnois , dcfs stating they never

I am a lisence day care in Illnois , dcfs stating they never receive my renewal paper. And reframe from my business. If I am founded with more then three kids in my care. I will be arrested to the filled of the law. My expired on June 6, 2013.
I did mail my renewal paper in. I know why that are stating that they never receive them

Can they do this .
Category: Business Law
Expert:  BizIPEsq. replied 1 year ago.

BizIPEsq. :

Hello, I will be assisting you

BizIPEsq. :

How did you mail the application? Did you use USPS automatic machines by any chance? Did you use a credit card for payment?

Customer: I use regular mail as always ever had this to happen in 14
Customer: Hello are you there
BizIPEsq. :

I am here

BizIPEsq. :

did you just put a stamp or did you use a teller?

BizIPEsq. :

do you have a recipt?

Customer: No receipt just regular mail with about 7 stamp which I knew was enought, which after the letter was mail out to me I fax in my copy's
BizIPEsq. :

do you mean that you already faxed them a copy?

Customer: yes
BizIPEsq. :

As to your question, notwithstanding the mail mishap since your license was not renewed you are currently not permitted to run the day care. My suggestion would be to follow up by phone first thing Monday morning and ask them to process your application (based on the faxed application) as soon as possible

BizIPEsq. :

in the alternative you can also ask them to temporarily extend the old license until they process the renewal

BizIPEsq. :

(in case you need it. I responded with the DCFS'

BizIPEsq. :

contact info in your other question)

Customer: I talk to dcfs supervior he told me , they can not accept fax in renewal paper. It's against the law
Customer: Get those kids out of there if I done he will contact there lawyer and have me arrested because I am no longer a legal daycare in the state of illnois
BizIPEsq. :

please don't shoot the messenger, but the supervisor is correct. You need to send an express next-day ,ail with the renewal form first thing Monday morning. enclose a note saying that the first application has been lost in the mail and that you ask process the renewal expeditiously

BizIPEsq. :

typo: next-day mail

Customer: Is there a grace period after your lisencse had expired
BizIPEsq. :

Unfortunately no grace period. The expiration date is the date.

Customer: I have worked under expired license in the pass, due to dcfs behind in there work
BizIPEsq. :

unfortunately government sometimes dismisses its own shortcomings but expects us to always be perfect. In those cases when the department was late you would not have been to blame.

BizIPEsq. :

under Section 383.80 (Conditional License) a conditional license allows the licensee to continue operating the facility for a maximum of 6 months while the licensee corrects violations that are serious but do not jeopardize the health, safety, morals, or welfare of children served by the facility. A conditional license shall only be offered to a licensee by the Regional Licensing Administrator. The licensee must surrender the current operating license (full or provisional) in order to receive a conditional license.

BizIPEsq. :

you may be able to ask the supervisor to issue one to you while the renewal is being approved

BizIPEsq. :

generally conditional licenses do not apply in your situations but maybe they'll make an exception

Customer: Wow! I have parents and children that's depend on me. Can he have me arrested if I continue to care for these children.
BizIPEsq. :

here's what the law says (section 383):

BizIPEsq. :

Whenever the Department is advised, or has reason to believe, that any
person, group of persons or corporation is operating a child welfare
agency or a child care facility without a license or permit, a Department
licensing representative shall make an investigation to ascertain the facts.
If the licensing representative is denied access, the Department will
request intervention of local, county or State law enforcement agencies to
seek an appropriate court order or warrant to examine the premises.

BizIPEsq. :

A person or entity preventing the Department from carrying out its duties
under Section 11 of the Child Care Act shall be guilty of a violation of and
subject to the penalties listed in the Child Care Act. If the Department
finds that the child welfare agency or child care facility is being, or has
been operated without a license or permit, the Department shall report the
results of its investigation to the Attorney General and to the appropriate
State's Attorney for investigation and, if appropriate, prosecution.

BizIPEsq. :

so basically if there is a site visit and you do not let the inspector enter they can call the police

BizIPEsq. :

if you do let them enter then it's up to their discretion but they will file a negative report and your renewal may be jepordized

Customer: This is not what i wanted to herr
BizIPEsq. :

you should contact DCFS again and ask for a 30 day extension as you fedex your application

BizIPEsq. :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you

BizIPEsq. :

Please rate my answer

BizIPEsq. :

without your rating I do not get compensated for my work

Customer: yes, i will call them Monday thank you this was honest and helpful .
BizIPEsq. :

you are welcome

BizIPEsq. :

the rate button is below

BizIPEsq. :

good luck on Monday

BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience: I am a business attorney. I represent individuals and companies with all business related matters.