Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

My email and online store was hacked by the person i had building my w

Customer Question

My email and online store was hacked by the person i had building my wesite. They have changed all my passwords and i have no access to any of my accounts. They deleted my online web page. What can i do?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Is the person claiming brech of contract (e.g. failed to pay for services rendered?)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I paid them to build a web design for me. They duplicated another web design. I asked her to make some changes, she refused. I simply asked for a refund, she stopped responding to my emails. Next thing i know my email accounts were hacked and my web page deleted. She had access to my email address and website due to she needed that information in regards XXXXX XXXXX the website. What can i do she is causing me to lose out on money.

Thank you Salexis, this appears to be a contract dispute. Did you pay in full for the site?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes i did. That's why i was asking for a refund. She took the information that she was suppose to be using for my site, and used it to her advantage. What legal steps can i take?

Thank you Salexis, you can sue her and enjoin her from using the information obtained and to force her to restore your site and email account(s). Do you know that it was the designer whom hacked your emails and deleted your site?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. I was able to regain access to one of my email accounts, and when viewing my email account it showed me the location o the logins. She deleted everything. She even went on my Godaddy account and change the password. I know it was her because every account she had access to she change the information.

ok, how much money approximately has this cost you in lost revenue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

At the moment between $2500 to $3000