BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a business attorney. I represent individuals and companies with all business related matters.
73280834

Can I be a non-member manager of an LLC (as opposed to a member

Can I be a non-member manager of an LLC (as opposed to a member manager) and still control the management of the LLC per the operating agreement until I want to turn it over to the other members?

BizIPEsq. :

Hello, I will be assisting you

BizIPEsq. :

It is possible for a non-member manager to manage the LLC but then the non-manager member may be fired at any time and otherwise would not be able to make decisions that concern the equity of the LLC

BizIPEsq. :

your previous question indicated that your children may be the members and in such case you could entrust the management in your children in the hopes that when they grow up they will continue in their supportive role.

BizIPEsq. :

So to answer your question, yes you can be a non-member manager but be aware that your position in the LLC could be precarious.

BizIPEsq. :

Theoretically, your children could give you a power of attorney to make decisions on their behalf but then the power of attorney can be revoked.

BizIPEsq. :

Finally, the operating agreement can indicate that you will be the non-member manager but the members can always revise the operating agreement so as noted before this solution too has issues associated.

Customer:

Great Thanks.