dkennedy
dkennedy, Attorney
Experience:  JD degree, business owner
5930486

Must I describe my monetary losses in the complaint? Or simply

Must I describe my monetary losses in the complaint? Or simply state that I have losses? I know to ask for Monetary Loss or Compensatory Damages at the end in the WHEREFORE paragraph; but how do I define them? Specifically? i.e., I had to rent many moving vans to transfer my stuff and I rented many storage spaces to store my stuff. ??

I'm happy to help you with this question. You normally do not have to mention the exact amount of your monetary losses in the complaint unless you are showing that it is more than the small claims amount, or something like that. You just state your complaint (short and sweet) with the major points (such as "incurred huge monetary losses and expenses") and then save your receipts and proof for the hearing. Please follow up if necessary.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Actually....my claim is in "excess of $15,000", does your above advice, suggestion still apply?

Thanks.

That would be perfect! That gives info, but not too much!