Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

I am considering taking a client to court for past due invoices.

I am considering taking a client to court for past due invoices. I have searched on line past cases of similar claim that have been brought to him. In a number of cases I see that the case has been dismissed under the rule 3-506 in district court. Please , could you clearly define this in laymans terms.
Thank you for your question and for asking for me.

Dismissal under Rule 3-506 is a dismissal based on settlement being reached between the parties. This is the MD rule for dismissal when there is a suit filed and the parties then agree on settling the parties the enter a dismissal in court.

This guy probably makes a habit of making people spend the time and money to sue before he agrees to pay them.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO XXXXX CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.