FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

For Five Star Law Question 29  A place of entry in a country

For Five Star Law
Question 29 
A place of entry in a country that does not assess duties or tariffs on products is called:
a. foreign trade zone
b. countervailing duty zone.
c. duty-free port
d. trade-enhancement zone
e. none of the above
  Question 31
Which of the following is a provision of the Sherman Act:
a. unfair methods of competition in or affecting commerce...are...unlawful
b. it shall be unlawful for any person engaged in commerce...to discriminate in prices between purchasers of commodities of like grade and quality
c. no corporation...shall acquire...another corporation...where...the effect of such acquisition may be substantially to lessen competition, or to tend to create a monopoly
d. every contract, combination...or conspiracy, in restraint of trade...is illegal
e. none of the above are a part of the Sherman Act
  Question 34
In order to better manage currency exchange risk, a U.S. company could specify:
a. payment in dollars.
b. the choice of language.
c. the forum and choice-of-law.
d. a force majeur clause.
e. None of the above.
  Question 36
In an effort to control the depletion of the ozone layer, which of the following treaties was signed in 1987?
a. the Versailles Treaty
b. the Hague Convention
c. the Geneva Convention
d. the Montreal Protocol
e. the International Convention on Environmental Rights
  Question 37
Betty submits charges of unfair labor practices with a regional office of the National Labor Relations Board.  The regional director decides the charges have merit and files a complaint. The complaint is heard by an administrative law judge (ALJ), who issues and decision and order. If one of the parties is unhappy with the decision of the judge, they may:
a. file an exception with the National Labor Relations Board in Washington, where it will be heard by a panel of three members.
b. file suit in the U.S. Court of Appeals.
c. file an appeal for review with the administrative law judge's superiors.
d. file suit in U.S. federal district court.
e. Decisions by the NLRB's administrative law judge cannot be appealed.
  Question 39
When rival firms come together to agree to control output and raise prices, there is:
a. a horizontal merger
b. a cartel
c. a tying arrangement
d. an interlocking directorate
e. a vertical merger
  Question 41
Federal regulation of the relationship between consumers and creditors is based on an umbrella law that contains several credit laws:
a. the TruthAct
b. the Consumer Credit Protection Act
c. the Equal Credit Opportunity Act
d. the Fair Consumer Credit Act
e. none of the above
  Question 42
Under Superfund, if there is a hazardous waste site, liability for cleaning it up is apportioned among responsible parties according to:
a. EPA's rule that bills each party according to estimated portion of volume contributed
b. EPA's rule that bills each party according to estimated portion of toxic volume contributed
c. joint and several liability, whereby any one party could pay the entire bill
d. contribution rule, whereby each responsible party pays an equal portion of the entire bill
e. none of the above
  Question 43
Workers' compensation law:
a. gives an employer immunity from employee tort suits arising from on accidents
b. applies only to accidents that conform to a specified set of allowable work injuries
c. holds employees responsible for reimbursing employers for the cost of injuries for which employees are at fault
d. is a federal program that is mandatory for nearly all workers
e. all of the above
  Question 44
When an employer fires an employee in violation of a public policy exception to the presumption of at-will employment, the employee may sue for:
a. defamation
b. misrepresentation
c. wrongful discharge
d. tortuous employment
e. none of the above
  Question 47
The following is not a requirement of businesses that want to build a new polluting plant in nonattainment areas?
a. the operators of the new plant must agree to control the plant's pollution to the maximum degree by the use of the LAER (Lowest Achievable Emissions Rate Technology)
b. the operators of new plants must show that a net air quality improvement will be had after the plant is built
c. the operators of the new plant must certify all their other plants are meeting requirements of the State Implementation Plan
d. new plants can be built in nonattainment areas only if the pollution from the new plant is offset by reductions in the same type of pollutant from other plants in the area.
e. all of the above are requirements
  Question 51
Which class of securities is (are) exempt from the federal securities laws?
a. issues by governments
b. issues by corporations with assets under $1 million
c. issues by corporations with over $1 billion in assets
d. all of the above
e. none of the above
  Question 54
Which class of employees is not covered by the National Labor Relations Act?
a. managers
b. independent contractors
c. government workers
d. airline workers
e. all of the abov
Category: Business Law
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 1 year ago.
Hi Catherine,

I received 13 questions. I am working on the answers now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

It is my pleasure Catherine.

Here are my answers for comparison with your own:
http://www.mediafire.com/?j5dmek72hc8g5xf
FiveStarLaw, Attorney
Experience: 25 years of experience helping people like you.