I am posting the e-mails as additional details.
Please, simply reply, so I can then answer your additional questions.
I will post in the following the sequence of correspondence that has taken place. All names and references have been replaced:
1.) This is an e-mail in which the client outlines the discussions we had regarding the “SOLUTION”:
From: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 7:40 PM
To: [email protected]Subject: SOLUTION Estimate
I documented the key points from our discussion earlier today regarding the delivery of “SOLUTION” for your review and agreement/clarification as applicable. I also spoke with AG and NS this afternoon and they reminded me that the SOLUTION and SOLUTION functionality are inexorably linked. In their perception of discussions with DN they believed this estimate and agreement relates to both pieces, so that is reflected below as well. If you’re not agreement with this please let me know.
The steps noted below for CONSULTANT will be completed at the expense of CONSULTANT as a good faith gesture of their commitment to CLIENT, and encouragement toward continuing to work with CLIENT on subsequent phases of the IHC/TRM implementations. The scope of SOLUTION will be consistent with the In-Scope and Out-of-Scope items outlined in the original CONSULTANT Statement of Work executed between CONSULTANT and CLIENT on May 5, 2012. Additional details related to the steps below will be included in the new Statement of Work for CONSULTANT to be provided by the end of March 2013.
· CONSULTANT will finalize the build of the SOLUTION in the CONSULTANT system.
· CONSULTANT will complete thorough testing of the SOLUTION in the CONSULTANT system.
· CONSULTANT will complete development and unit testing by the IHC go-live date in July (scheduled for 7/8) and delivery of the SOLUTION will be provided for CLIENT to install in CHL at that time.
SYSTEM TEST/BUG FIXES
· ASG will install the provided solution in CHL and moved to SHL to begin system testing.
· CONSULTANT will provide test scenarios and execution steps for all tests conducted in the CONSULTANT system during unit testing.
· ASG will conduct additional discussions with the business to determine if additional testing scenarios are required. CONSULTANT assistance may be required.
· CONSULTANT will provide a limited number of hours (see attached estimates) toward resolution of issues that arise during testing.
· CLIENT will conduct user acceptance with the business as necessary
· Go-live date is scheduled for August 26th (transports 8/24)
The task list and final estimate based on review by AG and NS is attached for your review. We included a 25% contingency on this effort due to the risk of completing the initial build in a non-CLIENT system. Please review this and let me know if you have any questions/concerns or provide your approval as applicable. If there are any items I left out please feel free to provide clarification or call me with any questions. I need to provide a final number for the SOLUTION estimate to CM on Monday so please let me know as soon as possible if we need to discuss further.
I appreciate your efforts on working with us to find a solution that’s best for the business. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!
2.) Our response to the e-mail above:
From: "[email protected]
Date: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 8:22 PM
To: [email protected]>, [email protected]>
Subject: RE: SOLUTION Estimate
I agree with the provided estimate in the e-mail below and your outline of our communication regarding CONSULTANT’s general commitment regarding the SOLUTION.
More details regarding the SOLUTION delivery will be provided in the extension SOW.
3.) The client’s response to the updated statement of work, where we clearly state, that we will deliver the SOLUTION free of charge, only if there is a phase 2, and if we are selected to participate full time as prime partner in such a phase 2 of the project:
From: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 7:54 AM
To: [email protected]Cc: (IT)
Subject: RE: SOW for project extension
b. Per the email attached [see point 1. Above] we agreed that the SOLUTION would be done as a “good faith gesture of [CONSULTANT’s] commitment to CLIENT, and encouragement toward continuing to work with CLIENT on subsequent phases of the IHC/TRM implementations”. In the SOW you indicated that delivery of this solution without charge is now contingent upon commitment to CONSULTANT for future phases, and this was not our agreement.