How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 31660
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

With my divorce not yet finalized, i dont want to create any

This answer was rated:

With my divorce not yet finalized, i dont want to create any business or transactions using my name in fear that if the business takes off and generates revene, she can come back asking for her hare since we are still officially married.

I have a business idea and want to trademark my logo/company name. I am thinking about using my girlfriends daughters name to file a trademark. She is 9 years old and it was actually her idea to begin with anyway. Is that something i can do?

Kirk Adams :

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Business litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Kirk Adams :

A minor can file for trademark registration ONLY IF he/she can validly enter into binding legal obligations under California law. Otherwise, a parent or legal guardian must sign the application.

Kirk Adams :

In California, a person must be 18 years of age to enter into a legally binding contract. Thus, a 9 year old cannot apply. BUT, her mother could on her behalf.

Roger and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you