BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a business attorney. I represent individuals and companies with all business related matters.
73280834

Does the State of California FTB still give you the first year

Does the State of California FTB still give you the first year free - waiving the $800 minimum tax when you start a new corporation? If so, does that mean that if you start a corp now (in 6/5/13) that if your fiscal year ends Dec 31st, 2013 that you do not pay the $800 then, but that you instead pay $800 at the end of 2014 for the calendar year ending Dec 31st, 2014? (or do you have to pay it sooner)?

BizIPEsq. :

Hello, I will be assisting you

BizIPEsq. :

California still has the 1st year waiver program for C or S corporations that formed in CA

BizIPEsq. :

(and for LLCs that choose to be taxed as a C or S corporation)

BizIPEsq. :

the relief is for the first year of operation which if you form a company now run through Dec 31, 2013 not 2014.

BizIPEsq. :

According to the filing guidelines the full franchise tax is to be paid in the 1st quarter of the following accounting year even if the corporation operated a shorter period of "less than 12 months".

BizIPEsq. :

I trust this answered your question

BizIPEsq. :

Please rate my service

BizIPEsq. :

Thank you for continued patrongae