TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Internationational Commercial Attorney

Our corp. sued Co A in small claims and received a judgment

Our corp. sued Co A in small claims and received a judgment (Contra Costa County in California). Co.A paid 50% of judgment and has not paid the 50% balance. Can our corp. sue personally an executive (owner) in small claims court for the balance of the judgment in that the executive personally guaranteed obligations of Co.A when Co.A established credit with our company?
Just to clarify, did the executive sign the guarantee agreement with your company?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, he signed a "personal guarantee" section of our credit application in addition to signing for the company.

Thank you.

First you need to submit the amount to him and request that he pay it under his personal guarantee. If he refuses to pay it, then you may sue him under the guarantee agreement.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have already submitted two requests for payment under the personal guarantee with no response. As you indicate, we will file against him personally in small claims court.

Thanks for your assistance.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Please also kindly consider rating my answer positively so that I am compensated by the website for my work on your question. Rating positively does not cause an additional charge and does not prevent us from further discussing your questions.

Best Regards,