Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

I am a manager of an LLC. I signed a contract with an advertiser

I am a manager of an LLC. I signed a contract with an advertiser only because the owner was not present. On the contract next to my name I clearly wrote, "General Manager" to assume no personal responsibility. The company, who I still work for, is delinquent on payments. This includes a check I wrote from the company's account, which bounced. The advertiser is now trying to say that I am liable for the debt owed and guilty of fraudulent behavior (bounced check) because I signed the contract. Also, I live in Ohio. Is this possible on either counts?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. No, you have no personal liability. Nor are you at risk for any fraud charge. This is so typical of creditors to try to intimidate people into paying for something they don't owe. You clearly signed this on behalf of the LLC and so only the LLC is liable. And, you were clearly within your authority as General Manager to do so. Although you can never prevent someone from filing a suit against you, they have no chance of prevailing with this and you should let them know should they make any more libelous and/or slanderous accusations about you, you will be filing your own suit for defamation...seeking both actual and punitive damages.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is:
Thank you also for the bonus! I appreciate your kindness!