Hello, I will be assisting you.
Congratulations on your upcoming commission.
Here are some tips and observations:
1) be a stickler to the rules even with friends and family.
2) do not go beyond your commission. You may end up seeing a lot of transactions and getting expertise in subject matter that is outside the law but don't be tempted to lend advice as that would be the illegal practice
3) become an expert in marketing yourself and your services -- don't be shy in spreading the word
4) you indicated that you don;t wish to be mobile but to the extent possible if you are willing to stop by client on the way to places then you can in effect act like a mobile notary without being one.
5) finally, you already sought certification from the national organization and that is excellent! You are a head of the game.
For attorneys availability of the notary is probably the most important factor. Set regular hours and location to the extent possible so folks know where to find you. If you are able to be flexible then you can carve yourself a niche.
Congratulations once again.
Please rate my service