Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Attorney
Experience:  25 years practicing law

What should a person do if he gets calls from from a party

What should a person do if he gets calls from from a party a judge ordered to not have any communication with regarding a criminal case, the complainant calls coming from different numbers each time.
Dear JACUSTOMER - My suggestion is to call the court bailiff for the judge who issued the order and report the phone calls. You also should hang up when the calls come in and not speak to the individual. You can't help it if the person calls but you certainly do not have to talk.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
At the time I went to the police station that the original complaint was filed in to report the calls but I was told to just ignore it, they didn't allow me to make the report.
I understand. That is probably because it was not a law that was being violated but rather, a court order. So the only one who can enforce the court order is the judge who issued it and that is why I suggested that you contact the judge's office and speak to the bailiff. The police are not required to file a report, especially when no law was being violated.