J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in general business transaction and formation matters.

One of the companies that work for my company is not giving

One of the companies that work for my company is not giving me their Federal ID to report their income. Is there a way to find out the Federal Tax ID (EIN) of a company?
Hello! Thank you for your question today. My goal is to provide you with the information you seek.

Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) I will provide you with honest information and not necessarily to tell you might be hoping to hear.

Sorry you are dealing with this situation. If it is a publicly traded company the EIN would be listed on its 10ks or SEC filings. That database can actually be located through the SEC's EDGAR database:

If it is not a publicly traded company unfortunately, the only way to obtain the EIN is too use a fee based search provider such as Fiensearch: This is the most likely the most economical fee based search engine.

or Lexis:

I apologize that this was probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. However, it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

All my best & encouragement.

Please note that you are asked to rate my courtesy and professionalism, and not whether the answer supports your legal position. I only receive credit when rated 3 or higher. If for any reason you feel that a low rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns by clicking the "reply" tab.

All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.