Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

My father in law asked if I wanted to go into working in a

Customer Question

My father in law asked if I wanted to go into working in a hair salon he opened. He said we will be 50/50 partners.With you being a owner operator.I have worked there for a year and have been the only income coming in the salon. And also paying full month rent and all 100 percent of bills and supplies.I have not received any money for payment for the entire time I have been there.What does the 50/50 partnership consist of.Now he is telling me to remove my things because I am demanding payment or the salon turned over to me cause I have been the sole provider for the past year
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. Do you turn all the income over to him after you pay rent and the bills? Or do you keep all the income and pay the bills and rent from that? Do you have anything in writing? Was a tax return filed for 2012? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I have been the only worker there making the money and paying the bills,would I be able to take him to court to get payment back for a year and all money that has been paid out of my husbands and my personal account.Also the stress and anxiety he has caused is unreal.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. I'm going to opt out because I think given all the issues running through your question I believe you'll be better served by a Maryland-based expert. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.
Expert:  Law Pro replied 3 years ago.
Hi! New expert here. Allow me to assist.

There isn't a written agreement between you and he - correct?

What form is the business - a sole proprietorship or corporation or what?