Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

Signed a contract from 4 Star sales and Marketing from Las

Signed a contract from 4 Star sales and Marketing from Las Vegas in 08/11. They claimed that I would receive $150,000 in leads for my painting company from their clients in this area. The costs was $5000. I paid $2500 upon faxing in my contract. No bonafide leads ever came my way. I contacted my local BBB; they refered me to the Las Vegas BBB. I then turned to the States Attorney they refered me to Southern Nevada States Attorneys office. They told me to contact Consumer affairs or the FTC. My attorney and their collection litagation specailist agreed on a $500 settlement back on 12/31/12. 4 Star sales and Marketing acts on deceitful and unethical practices when "recruiting" potential investors. My family has endured many hardships parting with our savings of $2500. The last 4 years have been hard on thousands of us tradesman. I have all documentation to support my case - even e mails before the contract was signed clearly stating that there was "an immediate need for a contractor in this area". Any advice on who or where I may turn to? Thank you in advance
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I am sorry that you are in this situation. Did you accept this settlement from them or did you deny it? My answer will differ based on your own answer and situation. Please advise.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Their collection firm was going to sue me for not honering the contract by 1/1/13. My attorney and the collection agency agreed on a $500 settlement on 12/31/12. The original contract signed by me stipulated that the final payment would be withdrawn electronically 45 days after the contract was signed. THE only reason why I joined up with 4 Star in the first place was because they told me (along with e mails) that there was jobs on the table in this area and they needed a painter now. I only received one lead ever - it turned out to be a dead lead. I didn't have the other $2500 unless jobs were sent to me and I told the salesmen from 4 Star this many many times before the contract was faxed. I completly depleted my savings account to invest with them back in 8/11 with the clear understanding that jobs would be sent my way - but none came.

I understand all that, and I do understand your dire position. But you really haven't answered my question. Did you likewise agree on this $500 settlement and did you accept that money? Please advise because my answer is completely dependent on your response. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My attorney advised me to pay the $500 on 12/31/12 so that I wouldn't be sued. I am out a total of $3000 ($2500 + $500) and getting nothing in return . This on going never ending situation has given my wife and I a huge headache. I have tried to do the right thing by going to the many BBB offices and two State Attorney offices, but to no avail

Signing a settlement generally means that both parties agree to not litigate or pursue that matter again. So if you did end up signing a settlement, depending on how that settlement is worded, you may be barred from filing against them in this situation. This is why I was so insistent upon your response, signing a settlement agreement really limits your options going forward, and that means that without knowing exactly what rights you signed away, it is very difficult for me to tell you what your next steps may be. It may well be that based on the language in that settlement agreement you are not able to pursue it at all, or that you are simply not able to contest their collections, but without an attorney reviewing that settlement agreement it is very tough for me to give you a genuine assessment of your next steps.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. Its late. Can we pick this up later at a more conveinant time for both of us?

Thomas, absolutely!

Whenever you are aware and wish to follow-up, I will try to respond. If I am not online, your response will wait for me and I will reply as soon as I am able. Please have a good night, and if you have additional facts I would more than happy to reevaluate my response.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

One more question How do I save these correspondences from you?

Your account should remain active even if you return tomorrow. But to print out our correspondence you would need to positively rate my answers and allow me to be compensated for my work. Hope that helps.