Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Corps, LLCs, Partnership, etc.
19305272

What powers does a California LLC loose if it is not in good

What powers does a California LLC loose if it is not in good standing in the state of California? can you cite laws on this question?

TMcJD :

Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.

TMcJD :

I am providing you a link to an article that thoroughly addresses the consequences of a corporation losing its good standing status due to suspension of its charter for various reasons. The article also provides citations to the various controlling law on the matter. Essentially, though, the consequences are that the corporate existence no longer exists and the corporation has no powers. The corporation cannot conduct business -- contracts are voidable and cannot be enforced. The corporation is unable to defend itself in litigation brought against the corporation. Further, the name of the corporation could be taken by another company. No corporation property can be transferred.

TMcJD :

Here is the link:

TMcJD :

http://www.staleylaw.com/images/Reviving_Suspended_Corporations_-_18191.pdf

TMcJD :

Please let me know if I can provide additional assistance. If not, I would be grateful if you could please leave me a positive rating. I cannot receive credit for my work without your positive rating and that is the sole means of compensation for JustAnswer experts. Thanks.

Customer:

can you provide me with the article

Customer:

I can not find it

Customer:

can you e-mail it to me

TMcJD :

The link I provided will get you to it if you paste the exact link into your web browser:

TMcJD :

Customer:

I found it thank you,