Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
18572087

SERVICE I RECEIVED FROM WEB.COM.

Customer Question

REGARDING A SERVICE I RECEIVED FROM WEB.COM. MARKETING SERVICES MARKETING COMPANIES BUILDING YOUR WEBSITE PROFESSIONAL WEBSITE DESIGN PROFESSIONAL COPYWRITING DOMAIN NAME moniterization of website and keyword search for best results,REGISTRATION WEBSITE HOSTING INCLUDED 500 SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION MARKETING YOUR WEBSITE SEARCH ENGINE SUBMISSION INCLUDED GOOGLE PLACES LISTING CREATED AND MANAGED INCLUDED INTERNET DIRECTORY SUBMISSIONS GOOGLE MAPS SUBMISSION ONGOING SEO ANALYSIS EVERYTHING LISTED ABOVE WITH MY XL PACKAGE WAS DELIVERED POORLY. I DID ABOUT 90 PERCENT OF THE CORRECTIONS THAT NEEDED TO BE TAKEN PLACE AFTER MY WEB-SITE WAS RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC. HAVE BEEN HARASSED BY EMPLOYEES AND WEB.COM CUSTOMERS FOR ENTITIES BEYOND MY CONTROL ALL WERE WEB.COMS IRREGULARITIES. I WAS STOLD ID HAVE CREDIT ON THE ACCOUNT UNTIL ALL REASSURING ISSUES WERE COMPLETED AND TILL DATE IT HAS NOT BEEN RESULTING IN CANCELLATION OIN MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION I PAID $98.00 FOR THIS SERVICE. PAYMENT WAS MADE BY CREDIT CARD. 

Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I have reviewed your post but it appears to have been cut off. What is the remainder of your question? How can I assist you this afternoon?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what can I do about this situation legally, the contract they submitted was not signed by them and they wanted it notarized on my behalf but the notary would not sign with out the missing signature and again it stated nothing I was verbally promised

Michael,

Thank you for your follow-up. Please allow me to answer your question in parts. Please feel free to reply if you need further clarification.

The first issue are the oral assurances. Those, if not listed in the agreement, are not binding on the parties. The law treats a signed contract as the final word between the parties especially if it was signed after oral promises were exchanged. Since those promises are not part of the agreement, the law considers them purely to be negotiation and as they were not included, that is treated as an intentional omission (meaning that the parties did not want to be bound by those terms). So if anything was promised to you orally, get it in writing before you sign anything. If not in the agreement, the other party is not bound at all from performing it.

I am a bit unclear as to what you wish to do, however. If they failed to perform, then you could cancel your contract and seek service with someone else. But if this contract was only for $90, it may cost you far more money to litigate (take them to court) than you would obtain from them over your breach. You could still potentially do so but it may be a waste of money and resources to pursue.

Good luck.