Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

I am a hypnotherapist in Washington State. I am a licensed

I am a hypnotherapist in Washington State. I am a licensed health care professional and I have a credential number. I formed my business as LLC. Is it ok or I must form my business as PLLC? Thank you.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

WA RCW 25.14.045 states that any LLC that requires a special license may register not as an LLC, but as a PLLC. Thus, if the purpose of your LLC requires a professional license from the state, you would be a PLLC. RCW 25.15.005 in pertinent part states, "(10) "Professional limited liability company" means a limited liability company which is organized for the purpose of rendering professional service..." Thus, if you are organized to render a professional service, you should have organized as a PLLC.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for your professional answer.

Thank you.