Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
17897874

I am applying for payroll and the company I am working with

I am applying for payroll and the company I am working with needs proof of EIN and proof of state ID. How do I get these?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

You can get an EIN online by filling out an online application starting at the following link: http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Apply-for-an-Employer-Identification-Number-(EIN)-Online

The State ID would be obtained by contacting your state department of revenue.

It has been my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further assistance.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I contact the state department of revenue in California?

Thank you for following up with me.

Go to the following link to get a California ID: http://www.edd.ca.gov/payroll_taxes/am_i_required_to_register_as_an_employer.htm

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I may have misphrased this. I already have an EIN and a state ID. I just need to present proof.

Then you should have confirmation letters from the appropriate agencies when the numbers were issued. Also, any prior tax returns would have the numbers.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have the confirmation letters. How do I get them?

Ask the IRS to search for your EIN by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at(NNN) NNN-NNNN The hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. An assistor will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone, as long as you are a person who is authorized to receive it. Examples of an authorized person include, but are not limited to, a sole proprietor, a partner in a partnership, a corporate officer, a trustee of a trust, or an executor of an estate.

They will send you confirmation if you ask.

JudgeLaw
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What about the state of California?

Call the California EDD using the contact number in the link I previously provided.

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you and the generous bonus. Let me know if you need more help. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name - JudgeLaw

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.