Legalinfomd
Legalinfomd, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 24 years of experience in business law.
69220296

My corporate by-laws state I have the right to add or subtract

My corporate by-laws state I have the right to add or subtract corporate officers. My title in the by-laws is President. I want to be able to use either the title of President or CEO. We are a small S-Corp. We are in the State of Maryland

Legalinfomd :

Hello. Will respond to your question.

Legalinfomd :

Are you the sole stockholder and director?

Customer:

Yes

Legalinfomd :

Then you can appoint yourself either "President", "CEO" or "President and CEO". All you would need to do is prepare and sign informal action of the director electing yourself as President and CEO.

Customer:

Do you have a sample of a typical informal document I could use

Legalinfomd :

Give me one moment.

Customer:

Thank you - karin

Legalinfomd :

Here is a form that may be adapted and revised for your particular use:

Legalinfomd :

________________________, INC.

INFORMAL ACTION OF DIRECTOR

____________, 20___

The undersigned, the sole Director of __________________, Inc., (hereinafter referred to as the “Corporation”), a Maryland corporation, in accordance with Section 2-408(c) of the Corporations and Associations Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland, do hereby take the actions below set forth, and to evidence his waiver of any right to dissent from such actions, do hereby consent as follows:

RESOLVED: That the following persons be and they are hereby elected as officers of the Corporation in the respective capacities set forth after their several names, the term of office of each person to be until the first annual meeting of the Board of Directors and until their respective successors shall be elected and qualified:

__________ President/CEO

WITNESS, our signatures the day and year first above written.

________________

_________________

Legalinfomd :

I hope that this information has been helpful. Please be sure to leave a positive rating for my response so that I will be compensated for my time. Thank you.

Customer:

Thank you