Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

so for the articles of incorporation, i have been asked to

so for the articles of incorporation, i have been asked to serve as an 'agent' for the business of the owner/creator of the company who has the criminal record. what would be my legal obligations ?

Kirk Adams :

Hi - thanks for looking me up today!

Kirk Adams :

Being the registered agent is a fairly simple position, and doesn't require much, and in no way makes you personally liable for anything.

Kirk Adams :

A registered agent is the agent for service of process, which means that IF the company is sued, you are the person designated by the company to be delivered the lawsuit/summons.

Kirk Adams :

Usually, the attorney that sets up the company will designated as the registered agent, BUT that is not required - - it can be any adult person who is willing to accept process and notify the company that it has been sued.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you for your time today.

No problem - glad to help!

Please let me know if you need anything further.