Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

is there a special business law for people with a criminal

is there a special business law for people with a criminal record, for them to start their own company? in this case a registered sex offender..

Kirk Adams :

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Business litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.

Kirk Adams :

There is no special law pertaining to a sex offender opening or owning a business.

Kirk Adams :

However, the person would be prohibited from owning or operating certain businesses that would be a violation of his parole.

Kirk Adams :

For instance, the person likely could not open a computer store (if the person is prohibited from owning a computer),

Kirk Adams :

or the person couldn't open a strip club because of the prohibition of that for offenders, or

Kirk Adams :

the person couldn't open a video store that sells pornographic videos, etc.

Kirk Adams :

The limits on the person's ability to own a business would be those imposed by the terms of his probation/parole.

Customer:

in this specific case, it is about healthy food (salads, greens, smoothies), with potential to door to door delivery.